Relationships on ATLAS determine who can see what Coverholder information. Without the appropriate relationship on ATLAS, a Lloyd’s Broker, Managing Agent or Coverholder will not be able to access the record or see restricted documents.
The relationships sections of the details tab list the five relationship types and the market participants who have this type of relationship with the Coverholder. The Coverholder user can see all companies who have access to the Coverholder record and how long for (i.e., all companies who have a current relationship). Lloyd's Brokers and Managing Agents are only able to see the relationships which they have with any Coverholder.
It is important to note that following the implementation of DCOM, all coverholder PINs require a permitted lead relationship on ATLAS for the binding authority to be registered. In addition to this, any section lead managing agents will also require a permitted lead relationship on ATLAS and the full rationale to be provided as per the Permitted lead Managing Agent as below.
There are six types of relationships:
- Permitted lead Managing Agent (Also referred to as Restricted relationship)
- Permitted lead – Lloyd’s Brussels
- Direct Deal Managing Agent (DDMA) - These tasks are a one or two stage change task dependent on who initiates the task on ATLAS. This means that a stakeholder is required to authorise the change and the information on the ATLAS database once the Lloyd's registered Broker or direct dealing Managing Agent has created and submitted the task. The information will be immediately viewable under the details tab once approved. However, the relationship won't be mirrored into DCOM until the overnight update has taken effect.
- Associated Managing Agent
- Broker relationships
- Binding Authority relationships - These tasks are a zero stage change task. This means that a stakeholder is not required to authorise the change and the information is written directly to the database. The information will be immediately viewable under the details tab. However, the relationship won't be mirrored into DCOM until the overnight update has taken effect.