Coaching for High Performance
How to lead people in driving and delivering high performance, one conversation at a time.
Are you equipped to help individuals be the best they can be? Do you lead in a way that engages and empowers others to deliver the best quality results?
Regular, one to one coaching conversations with individuals have meaningful impact, for the individual, the team and business performance.
This approach will ensure that conversations do not feel tortuous or stressful, a waste of time or a ‘chore’ or, a tick box exercise. Instead, positive constructive conversations that engage, empower and develop teams and other stakeholders that will maximise potential, foster innovation and drive high performance. These conversations will ultimately free up a leader’s time to focus on what they need to, rather than being the ‘fixer’ and ‘putting out fires’.
In a nutshell this workshop will enable you to:
- Conduct regular, effective performance conversations including agreeing and aligning objectives, providing ongoing feedback and coaching for improvement.
- Adapt your leadership style when needed, from a more directive, ‘tell’ style towards a more collaborative, democratic coaching style which engenders trust, engagement and empowerment.
- Have powerful performance conversations, focused on enabling individuals to drive their own performance rather than work through a task focused checklist.
- Delegate effectively and so grow the individuals in your team as well as create more time to work on your own objectives.
- Have strength-focused conversations rather than focus on deficits, thereby maximising potential and motivation.
- Handle challenging conversations and manage conflict situations.
- What is ‘High Performance?
- The current context for performance conversations
- The leader’s role in driving high performance
- Adapting your leadership style to drive high performance
- Coaching for a performance mindset
- Coaching practice and feedback
- Effective one to one conversations
- How best to agree objectives so performance can be tracked and evaluated
- Practice conversations with actors using typically challenging performance scenarios and with the opportunity for personal feedback
30th June - 1st July 2020
29th October - 30th October 2020
£850 per participant