Winner of a Brandon Hall Gold Award for the ‘Best Advance in Leadership Development for Racial/Ethnic Minorities’ in 2023
Why develop ethnic minority talent
We know that ethnic minority talent is under-represented across the Lloyd’s market, particularly in management and leadership positions. That’s why Lloyd’s is committed to developing ethnic minority talent as part of a wider action plan.
Only 6% of the total top management positions in the UK are held by individuals from ethnic minority groups. Our Lloyd’s Accelerate programme aims to tackle this by improving the pipeline of future talent, through a modular based development programme.
We have successfully completed 4 cohorts with the purpose of helping participants to build the skills, relationships and confidence they need to effectively manage their future careers.
- Cohort 4 saw a 73% increase in number of post programme participants felt they had the necessary tools to overcome career obstacles.
- 100% of participants agree the programme content will be useful and relevant in their work.
Why join this programme?
- Gain key personal skills development related to key areas of self-reflection, managing career and authentic leadership
- Understand and discuss some of the challenges they are facing as future leaders with their peers
- Create key networks with other ethnic minority talent from across the Lloyd’s market – as well as with a wider Lloyd’s leadership network post-programme
- Gain access to senior sponsors from their own organisation
As a delegate you will attend and/or complete:
- DISC psychometrics and 1-1 report debrief with a coach
- Role-model session from senior leader in Lloyd’s market
- 3 key modules (2 sessions each):
- Understanding you
- Navigating my career
- Develop authentic you
- 1hr coaching session post-programme
Lloyd's Accelerate programme brochure
Find out more about the programme by reading our brochure.
Who is it for?
This programme is aimed at UK based ethnic minority talent. Nominees should consistently receive high performance ratings and would be considered suitable candidates or future management or leadership roles.
All applications will be considered on merit and sponsorship with agreement from your HR Business Partner.
Key points to remember when applying:
- The sponsor must be someone different to the line manager. Recommended to be two levels above the individual and is expected to fully engage in the Sponsor event and future interactions with the delegate.
- Applicants to please block out all session dates in their diary – sessions are not recorded, so attendance is crucial.
- Identify how this programme will help you – read the course session outlines and link your development goals to the course outcomes.
How do I apply?
We run two Cohorts a year costing £4,500 + VAT per participant.
- Cohort 6 (December 2023 – July 2024)
- Cohort 7 Q2 2024 – exact dates TBC
- Cohort 8 Q4 2204 – exact dates TBC
Apply for Cohort 6
Application deadline: 03/11/2023
- Discuss with line manager, HR Department and/or Organisation to register your interest in attending the programme - and confirm your eligibility with them
- Advise your department head verbally of your intention to apply if they are not your line manager
Hear from previous participants
I am so glad that I did the Lloyd's Accelerate course for Black and Ethnic Minority future leaders. Not only did I meet lots of like-minded people across different sectors/companies in the market, I also learnt so much about myself, where I want to go with my career, how to get there and how to be my authentic self whilst doing so. The hosts were extremely inspiring and engaging and I left each session feeling entirely motivated. Thank you for organising such a thought provoking and stimulating course.
Please direct any questions to Aaron Boyle: