Inclusion@Lloyd’s are passionate about building a more diverse and inclusive market. Since 2015 Inclusion@Lloyd’s has influenced the changing profile of the Lloyd’s market through engaging leaders in the inclusion journey, establishing market wide network groups and through the widely celebrated Dive In festival.
The Inclusion@Lloyd’s Main Board comprises of senior executives committed to making a change. The Main Board have recognised the need for a Shadow Board to leverage the success of the approach to date and to encourage more diverse talent to play an active and critical role in the next steps of the journey.
The members of the Shadow Board are responsible for challenging and influencing the Main Board in order to support and inform inclusive decision-making processes. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Generate innovative approaches to advancing diversity and inclusion across the Lloyd’s market and beyond
- Bring diversity of experience and thought to Inclusion@Lloyd’s to effectively represent diverse talent across the market
- Pro-actively seek and listen to feedback from colleagues and stakeholders to inform the Inclusion@Lloyd’s agenda and actions
- Play an active role in influencing and implementing the future plans of Inclusion@Lloyd’s
- Be a champion of diversity and inclusion in their own organisation and an advocate for the market
- In addition, the role of Chair and Co-Chair will in addition be responsible for leading and chairing the Shadow Board.
As well as the opportunity to influence and affect authentic change in diversity and inclusion, across the Lloyd’s market and beyond, members of the Shadow Board also benefit from:
- Access to diversity and inclusion experts to advance and extend your knowledge and skills
- Support and mentoring from the Inclusion@Lloyd’s Main Board
Becoming part of a team passionate about change
Members of the Shadow Board were appointed through an open selection process.
The Shadow Board are accountable to the Inclusion at Lloyd’s Main Board for properly performing its functions.
Lloyd’s Shadow Board members as of 19 July 2021
|First name||Last name||Role||Organisation|
|Jaya||Handa (chair)||Privacy Director||Liberty Specialty Markets|
|Brittany||Boykin(vice-chair)||In-House Counsel Head of Claims & Underwriting||Brit Insurance|
|Pelumi||Ojo||Executive Support Manager||Aon|
|Louis||Van der Lande||Graduate Underwriter||Chaucer Syndicates|
|Ngozi||Emeagi (vice-chair)||Senior Consultant||Powerscourt|
|Lara||Green||Soft Intelligence Associate||Lloyd's|
|Nelly||Grelet||Project Manager||Ascot Group|
|Ajay||Mistry||Head of Digital Sales and Marketing||Clear Insurance Management Ltd|
|Monica||Stancu||D&I manager||Lloyd’s (representing the D&I team at Lloyd’s)|
|Erik||Johnson||Deputy Active Underwriter||Victor Insurance (representing Inclusion@Lloyd’s)|