1. Policyholders should discuss their concerns or complaint with the company that issued their insurance policy or that is handling their claim and attempt to resolve the issue.
2. In the event the matter is still not resolved the policyholder may contact the Lloyd's Underwriters' General Representative in New Zealand:
Lloyd’s Underwriters’ General Representative in New Zealand
PO Box 5639, Wellington 6145
Tel: 04 472 7582
3. Where Lloyd's Underwriters’ General Representative receives a complaint, this will be acknowledged within five working days of receipt.
4. Lloyd's Underwriters’ General Representative will forward details of the complaint to Lloyd's Australia to review. Lloyd's Australia will obtain a full copy of the file from the company that issued the policy and/or managed the claim.
5. Lloyd's Underwriters’ General Representative will assist the liaison with the policyholder and any relevant coverholder if required.
6. Lloyd's Australia will give the policyholder the name and contact details of the person handling the complaint.
7. Thereafter Lloyd’s Australia will send written advice to the policyholder about the progress of the investigation of the complaint.
8. Lloyd’s Australia will send the policyholder a final response within 10 working days if they have all the necessary information. In the event Lloyd's Australia cannot resolve the matter within two months they will give you the reasons why and advise you of your right to elevate the matter to the Insurance and Savings Ombudsman (IFSO) (www.ifso.nz/)