Managing the future of risk
Lloyd’s Tercentenary Research Foundation (LTRF) was established in 1988 to mark the 300th anniversary of Lloyd’s. It funds new research on risk related issues and also offers scholarships through Fulbright to study in the US and for Masters’ students in the UK.
The LTRF works to four core principles:
- To encourage research that has a clear, positive, and practical societal impact
- To promote an open and collaborative approach to research, enabling inclusive results
- To support a diverse community of excellent researchers
- To foster a balanced dialogue, and nurture lasting relationships, between the academic and Lloyd’s market communities
Our Previous Projects
Fulbright – Lloyd’s of London Scholar and Postgraduate Awards
This programme enables British academics wishing to conduct research in areas related to risk to study in the US. The Scholar Award offers funding to study for up to 12 months in a top higher education institute in the US, whilst the Postgraduate Award provides first-year funding for a UK post-graduate to pursue a Master’s degree in the US.
Both Awards offer the recipient access to the global Fulbright programme with its distinctive enrichment opportunities and scholar benefits package. As a Fulbright Scholar or Postgraduate, awardees will join the global alumni network. Since 2012, Lloyd’s Tercentenary Research Foundation has supported 13 individuals through this programme.
How to apply:
Application for both awards are via the Fulbright Commission website:
• Fulbright-Lloyd’s of London Scholar Award
• Fulbright-Lloyd’s of London Postgraduate Award
During 2018/2019, we are supporting three academics to carry out risk related research. Please click on their names below to find out more about their research.