Welcome to the Lloyd’s Academy – for Latin America and the Caribbean
This exciting development programme has been put together to keep the Latin American region connected throughout 2021. On the 24 March we will welcome our first cohort of brokers and (re)Insurers to the Academy. This unique programme will offer insight into how the Lloyd’s Market develops the essential, complex and critical insurance products needed for an ever changing world.
You will learn directly from underwriters on how to underwrite risks and will be able to better understand the types of risks analysis that go into writing each Line of Business included in the programme.
- Gain a deeper understanding of market dynamics, risk transfer solutions and emerging risks through interactive sessions from leading underwriters and technical experts.
- Understand how to sell Lloyd’s capabilities to your clients and stakeholders.
- Grow your connections through networking opportunities with market participants and fellow delegates from around the Latin American and Caribbean region
– Underwriters and /or Reinsurance programme managers
(*) Good levels of spoken and written business English are needed as there will be no translation support available
- Energy (Oil & Gas)
- Life Sciences
- Marine Cargo
- Political Violence, S&T
- Renewable Energy
- Treat Reinsurance
- How the Lloyd's Market Works
- The Future at Lloyd's - Blueprint 2
- Lloyd's Lab
- Claims at Lloyd's
- Performance Management
We have partnered with underwriters from Lloyd’s Syndicates and Managing Agents to offer a development programme that helps (re)insurance and risk practitioners to better understand and access the Lloyd’s Market. The programme will also help delegates to network and building relationships in the region.
Register your interest via the Lloyd’s Country Manager for your location.
The virtual programme will run from March – October 2021. Each month we will host two classes, meaning the programme includes a total of 16 different lectures of interest for Brokers and (Re)Insurers.
Classes will be presented by Lloyd’s underwriters from different Managing Agents and by some Lloyd’s Corporation experts – the full list of classes can be found below. The hours of the classes will vary depending on speakers’ availability and location, plus times zones differences within the region; however, each session will last for one hour.
At the end of the programme each participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance and a Diploma. For this to happen each student needs to attend at least 90% of the course.