Lloyd’s Global Development Centre (GDC) designs, develops and delivers programmes to help customers and distribution partners better understand and access the Lloyd's market.
Through our development programmes and alumni network, we connect you with expertise in the market to increase knowledge, gain insight, share experience, build long-term partnerships and drive growth.
The GDC actively engages and works with professional membership organisations to create customised development programmes for their members, including:
- Airmic (Association of Insurance and Risk Managers in Industry and Commerce)
- BIBA (British Insurance Brokers' Association)
- FERMA (Federation of European Risk Manager Associations)
- RIMS (the risk management society)
- LIIBA (London and International Brokers Association)
- MGAA (Managing General Agents’ Association
Most of our programmes are based in London, offering participants first-hand experience of the Lloyd’s market and creating opportunities to develop new relationships. We also deliver regional programmes for local brokers and cedants in the US and Asia who are not able to come to London.
Who should attend?
Our programs are best suited for (re)insurance professionals and risk practitioners with 5+ years’ experience. All programmes are delivered in English.
What the programmes cover
Here are some of the features of our programmes:
- Information on the Lloyd’s market and structure including:
- How to access the Lloyd's market and benefit from our financial strength, international network and licencing;
- A tour of the iconic Lloyd's building;
- The opportunity to shadow underwriters and brokers to get a better understanding of how the market works.
- Presentations from leading underwriters and brokers on a wide variety of subjects including property, crisis management, kidnap & ransom, cyber, marine liability, geopolitics, supply chain, Cat RI and modelling, product recall and many other topical issues such as parametric insurance, artificial intelligence etc.
- Discussions with start-ups, InsurTechs and technology experts who are part of the Lloyd's Lab and our Product Launchpad to understand the cutting-edge solutions that are driving innovation in our market.
Our programmes provide customers and our distribution partners with a unique and interactive experience of the Lloyd’s market. You will gain a better understanding of how the market develops essential, complex and critical insurance needed for an ever-changing world.
See how the market works, learn about the different products and solutions which the Lloyd’s market has specialist expertise in, and develop connections with our truly global marketplace.
See a list of our 2023 programmes in our brochure.
Broker Academy 2023
The Lloyd’s Broker Academy is designed to enrich the training that US and Canadian broking firms provide to their high potential employees and take it to the next level. For a week in October, participants will see Lloyd’s through the eyes of the market’s underwriters and brokers, to gain an unrivaled understanding of how business is transacted in the world’s specialist insurance and reinsurance market.
Find out more about the 2023 Lloyd's Broker Academy in the 2023 programme brochure.
Read about some of our past programmes and gain insight into what our programmes entail.
Contact the Global Development Centre team with any questions.