New partnership to bring diverse talent to the market
Find out more about Lloyd’s Community Programme’s new delivery partner and how your company can get involved.
Lloyd’s Community Programme has been helping individuals achieve their full potential through support from the Lloyd’s market since 1989. We have a wide range of volunteering and talent attraction opportunities for the Lloyd’s market which support local communities and equip young people with key employability skills.
We are excited to announce a new partnership with SEO London. This feeds into the market’s talent priority, aiming to attract and retain a diverse workforce that will bring innovation to the insurance sector.
Who is SEO London?
SEO London is a diversity-focused charity with 20 years of expertise in working with and preparing talented young people from ethnic minority or low socio-economic backgrounds for career success. Their aims are to:
• Work with the most ambitious young people, educating, inspiring, training and mentoring them to help them realise their full potential.
• Create a community of young leaders who will in turn inspire those who follow them.
• Reduce social inequality and broaden opportunities for all.
Who do SEO London work with?
SEO London work with more than 14,000 young people from the age of 15 and throughout their careers with 7,000 alumni and supporters. In 2019/2020, 54% young people were social mobility qualifying, with the remaining eligible based on ethnic under-representation. Young people that come through SEO’s programme are either:
• Ethnically under-represented
• Receive free school meals or financial assistance
• In care or a care leaver
• From a single parent family
• The first generation in their family to go to university
• A refugee or asylum seeker
Young people come from across the UK from 40+ leading non fee-paying schools and 120+ universities. Read about some of the young people that SEO London works with here.
How can your company get involved?
Through our partnership, we can help you to access the brightest and most talented students from under-represented and under-served communities. As a company operating in the Lloyd’s market, the opportunities you can access with SEO London through Lloyd’s Community Programme include:
• Offer paid work placements for university students
• Volunteer to mentor young people through their work placements
• Volunteer to deliver virtual workshops and insight sessions
• Offer work experience opportunities for 16-18 year olds
• Recruit for graduates, entry level and experienced role through SEO London’s young people and alumni
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch with Jo.Taylor@Lloyds.com to arrange an initial meeting with your company and SEO London.