*Further detail relating to the question asked in the second session on 10 July 2023.
Q: Can organisations adopt phase one and phase two digital services separately?
A: The classification of a transaction as phase one or phase two digital services is largely determined by two factors:
- the submission channel (e.g. EBOT, LPAN, LIMCLM, Portal); and
- the subscribed services/channels for all participants in the slip.
We hope the following practical examples are helpful.
- A CDR + EBOT premium submission by a broker with all carriers in the slip subscribed to CDR + EBOT is considered a fully digital phase two transaction.
- A CDR + EBOT premium submission by a broker with some carriers subscribed to CDR + EBOT and some subscribed to EDIs is considered a phase one transaction.
- An MRC + LPAN premium submission by a broker with all carriers in EDI is considered a phase one transaction.
- An ECOT/EBOT claim submission by a broker with some carriers in ECOT/EBOT and some carries in Writeback or CWT or EDI is considered a phase one transaction.
This is why we say that each transaction is treated differently.
Please note: A very important constraint is that organisations that subscribe to certain services, for example EBOT and EDI, will receive all the possible messages in these channels. As an organisation, you will not be able to choose if transaction A is sent to you as an EBOT and transaction B as an EDI message, or if Class of Business Marine is sent as EBOT and Class of Business Property is sent as an EDI. Organisations will receive the totality of possible messages in their chosen channels.
The best course of action, as mentioned in the session, is to reach out to your Engagement Partner with your specific case so that we can respond accordingly. Interoperability among message types and permutations of transactions inputs/outputs are fairly complex, so it is best to answer precisely to a specific case instead of a blanket high-level statement that may miss important nuances.
Overall, the cleanest, simplest, and most practical solution is to adopt phase two full digital services in a single block for all your business. If you require further clarification on this please contact your Engagement Partner. Please visit the single Engagement Team page on the Blueprint Two website for contact details.