COVID-19: our guidance to people working at Lloyd’s
10 Mar 2020
Within Lloyd’s, we continue to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19. We have issued the guidance below to employees within the Corporation and our global network in relation to our business continuity preparations and the actions we are taking. We are now making this available to relevant market participants and associations for their reference. If our advice and guidance materially changes, we will update and reissue this notice.
Below is advice updated on 16 March 2020
Lloyd’s Executive Committee met today to discuss the COVID-19 outbreak, and how best we can look after the wellbeing of our people whilst continuing to serve our customers and the market.
- Lloyd’s is open for business, and this includes our London Underwriting Room, which, from Tuesday 17 March, will be supported by a small office-based team, required to keep the London building open and critical services running.
- In our Chatham office, as well as internationally, with the exception of China, Hong Kong and Singapore, employees should be working from home.
- ExCo are meeting daily, and there will be ExCo representation in London this week as we prepare for the publication of Lloyd’s 2019 results on 26 March.
- To provide senior leadership support, Jon Hancock has agreed to defer his leaving date from 31 March to 31 May 2020. I am grateful to Jon for his commitment to the market and the Corporation.
- As we make the transition to different ways of working, Group IT will provide additional support for the market and Corporation through both on-site and Helpdesk resources. Questions or requests for the IT or HR teams should continue to be channelled to the IT Service Desk or HR Shared Service as usual, and we will share FAQs with you over the coming days.
Travel and other advice
- No one should travel, except in exceptional situations and with Exco approval.
- If you are feeling concerned about symptoms, then please follow advice from your national government, in the UK, Public Health England.
Additional information can be obtained from the following sources:
Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel guidance