Lloyd’s financial strength ratings from A.M. Best, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor’s.
The ratings stated below are independent opinions of Lloyd’s financial strength and ability to meet its ongoing insurance policy and contract obligations. Lloyd's currently enjoys an A+ rating from Standard & Poor's, AA- from Fitch and A from A.M. Best.
All Lloyd's syndicates benefit from Lloyd's central resources, including the Lloyd's brand, its network of global licences and the Central Fund. The Central Fund is available at the discretion of the Council of Lloyd's to meet any valid claim that cannot be met by the resources of any member. As all Lloyd's policies are ultimately backed by this common security, a single market rating can be applied to all syndicates post-1992.
As well as the market ratings, rating agencies also apply a range of other measures at a syndicate level. In general, Lloyd's is not supportive of the rating of individual syndicates. All syndicates benefit from the strength of the Lloyd's brand, the global licence network and a wide range of other central activities carried out on behalf of the market.
All policies written from 1993 at Lloyd's are backed by security that is partially mutualised via the Central Fund. Lloyd's believes that attempting to differentiate between syndicates by assigning individual financial strength ratings is not a meaningful analytical approach.
- A.M. Best Lloyd’s Report – August 2020
- A.M. Best press release - July 2020
- A.M. Best press release - July 2019
- A.M. Best Lloyd's full rating report - July 2019
- A.M. Best report – August 2018
- A.M. Best Lloyd’s Insurance Company S.A. press release – July 2018
- A.M. Best press release – July 2017
- A.M. Best report - September 2016
- Fitch Ratings report – October 2020
- Fitch Ratings press release – September 2020
- Fitch Ratings press release – April 2020
- Fitch Ratings full rating report - August 2019
- Fitch Ratings press release - May 2019
- Fitch Ratings full rating report – August 2018
- Fitch Ratings press release - June 2018
- Fitch Ratings press release - October 2017
- Fitch Ratings full rating report - July 2017
- Fitch Ratings press release - June 2017
- Standards & Poor's report - October 2020
- Standard & Poor’s report – June 2020
- Standard & Poor’s report – October 2019
- Standard & Poor's press release - July 2019
- Standard & Poor’s press release – June 2019
- Standard & Poor's report - October 2018
- Standard & Poor’s report - August 2018
- Standard & Poor’s Lloyd’s Insurance Company S.A. press release – June 2018
- Standard & Poor’s research update - June 2017
- S&P report - July 2016