Lloyd's Military Network
Supporting Veterans in Insurance
The Lloyd's Military Network was established in 2015 to support the transition of Service Leavers into the insurance industry. We are a cross-industry network with over 500 members, supported by a number of firms across the London Market and beyond. Our aims are three-fold:
1. Transition. We support service leavers in transitioning into insurance:
- Raising awareness of the industry with service leavers.
- Running a placement scheme to assist service leavers in finding roles in the industry and de-risking the transition.
- Identifying opportunities that may be suitable for service leavers, as well as network members looking to move within the industry.
- Advocating the values of veterans to prospective employers.
2. Networking. Providing a forum for the veterans and serving reservists operating within the Insurance industry to meet and share ideas.
3. Charitable. We are closely aligned to two charitable organisations, the Lloyd’s Patriotic Fund and the Royal British Legion, and work closely together to achieve common charitable aims.
Lloyd’s has a long and proud history of working with and supporting the military. I always feel so much pride when I think of the thirty-eight years my father served with the Royal Engineers and I have fantastic memories of the military services family that I grew up with and so it is a real privilege to lend my support to the Lloyd’s Military Network. So many of the skills learned and developed in the military translate readily to a rewarding second career in the insurance industry. Many have successfully made this transition and our market place looks forward to welcoming you and many more as you look to join the insurance family.John Neal
Chief Executive Officer, Lloyd’s of London