What Lloyd's is looking for
Lloyd’s is looking for new business propositions that align with our goal to be the global centre for specialist insurance and reinsurance.
We are looking for innovative businesses that might:
- Combine a diverse capital base with a geographically varied risk
- Drive talent and underwriting expertise
- Introduce innovative insurance solutions to the market
- Adhere to Lloyd's values that support our world class brand and rating.
The following factors will be taken into account in assessing applications to enter the Lloyd's Market, considering the extent to which an applicant's proposed business adds value to the market including (but not limited to):
- The protection of the Central Fund
- Confidence within the Lloyd's market
- Broadening the underwriting expertise or innovation offered on the Lloyd's market
- Increasing capacity within the Lloyd's market (particularly in relation to new or emerging lines of business)
- Broadening access to potential policyholders in new and emerging markets
Each application will be assessed on its own merits and in a manner consistent with the legal requirements that apply to the Lloyd's new entrant framework.