We have a range of opportunities for the Corporation of Lloyd's and Lloyd's market companies to support our community involvement initiatives.
Lloyd's Community Programme has launched its newest programme, aimed at those in the market who are interested in becoming trustees of charities. Watch the video below to find out more about why being a trustee is such an impactful way of volunteering and how you can get involved.
BoardBuilders+ at Lloyd's
Getting involved is easy - whether you want to volunteer, take part in a team challenge, host or donate, there are all sorts of opportunities for everyone working in the Lloyd's market and the Corporation of Lloyd's. Find out which programme is right for you and the skills you want to develop using our Volunteering Skills Matrix.
Reading and Number Partners: Helping students to develop their literacy or numeracy skills and acting a role model.
|Workshop topic||Age group||Details||Location||Interested?|
|Reading Partner||Primary school||Weekly/Fortnightly||Tower Hamlets||Email Responsiblebusiness@lloyds.com
|Number Partner||Primary school||Weekly||John Scurr primary school, E1 4AX|
Abacus: A financial literacy programme for 9 - 10 years olds and their parents at schools in Tower Hamlets. Watch our Abacus video to bring this to life.
|Budgeting and Borrowing||Thurs 05/03/20 08:55 - 10:45||Marion Richardson Primary, E1 0QF||Email
|Value for Money and Smart Shopping||Thurs 12/03/20 08:55 - 10:45||Marion Richardson Primary, E1 0QF|
|Money and the World of Work||Thurs 19/03/20 08:55 - 10:45||Marion Richardson Primary, E1 0QF|
|Insurance and Risk||Weds 26/03/20 08:55 - 10:45||Marion Richardson Primary, E1 0QF|
|Lloyd's visit||Fri 03/04/20 11.00 - 1.30||Lloyd's, EC3M 7HA|
Head2Head: Mock interviews with young people aged 15-17 years old at their school in Tower Hamlets. This can be volunteers from across the market or you can sign up for one date as a team.
|Central Foundation Girls' School||Weds 18/03/20: 08:30 - 12:30 and/or 12:30 - 15:10
Thurs 19/03/20: 08:30 - 12:30 and/or 12:30 - 15:10
|Mile End, Bow Road, E3 2AE||Email
|Mulberry School for Girls||
Thurs 11/06/20: 08:30 - 12:30 and/or 13:20 - 15:30
|Richard street, Commercial Road, E1 2JP|
Getting Ahead: Employability skills conferences for 14/15 year olds. Students work through various activities, each one covering a key skill or employability concept. This can be volunteers from across the market or you can sign up for one date as a team.
|George Green's School||Tues 31/03/20: 08:30 - 15:10
Thurs 02/04/20: 08:30 - 15:10
Fri 03/04/20: 08:30 - 15:10
Thurs 23/04/20: 08:30 - 12:40
|Island Gardens, E14 3DW||Email
|St Paul's Way Trust School||Thurs 04/06/20: 08:30 - 15:30
Fri 05/06/20: 08:30 - 15:30
|Langdon Park, E14 0RZ|
|Morpeth School||Weds 01/07/20: 08:30 - 12:40||Bethnal Place, Stepney Green, E2 0PX|
Insuring Human Progress: Offer insight into your areas of insurance and encourage undergraduates to enter the world of insurance by hosting an insight day into your business area, or a master class into what your departments do.
|Register your interest for 2019||At your convenience between October – November||Your office||Email Responsiblebusiness@lloyds.com
Mentoring: Mentor a young person through a fully supported structured mentoring programme. Watch our mentoring video to bring this to life.
|Mentoring a secondary school or sixth form student||15-17 year olds||1 hour per month, Nov - June||School and your office||Email Responsiblebusiness@lloyds.com
|Mentoring young people at university or who have just left formal education||18-21 year olds||5 sessions, July - Sept||Remotely||Email Responsiblebusiness@lloyds.com
Team challenges: Take part in a one day volunteering activity with your department or team.
|One off team challenge||Local community groups||One day – Any time||East London||Email Responsiblebusiness@lloyds.com
|Whizz Kidz local youth club or wheelchair skills training||Disabled young people||One day- Any time||London||Email Responsiblebusiness@lloyds.com
|Getting Ahead and Head to Head employability sessions||Young people from London boroughs||One day (dates and times above)||London||Email Responsiblebusiness@lloyds.com
Other ways you or your company can get involved
- Host a summer placement for a young person from our delivery partner, The Brokerage for 6-8 weeks.
- Host a work placement for a disabled young person from our charity partner, Whizz Kidz.
- Sharing knowledge and insight around climate and flood resilience trends or giving advice around catastrophe micro-insurance and climate-based index insurance to our partner Habitat for Humanity Great Britain.
- Giving pro-bono support to help Habitat for Humanity Gerat Britain calculate community level disaster risks and environmental risks such as mapping, data sources and risk reduction strategies.
- Offer your office space to host an employability workshop.
- Invite the Responsible Business team or one of our charity partners to talk about our initiatives in your company.
- Give an hour a month and become a Responsible Business Champion and share opportunities with your team or company.
- From running, to cycling, swimming, mud runs and walking, Habitat for Humanity Great Britain have a range of fundraising opportunities all year round.
- You can donate or fundraise for the Lloyd’s Charities Trust or the Lloyd’s Patriotic Fund, with full support given by the Responsible Business team.
- Applications for the Lloyd's Market Charity Awards are open until Friday 31 July. Click here to register your interest.