Become a Lloyd's partner in Israel
Become a Lloyd's coverholder
A Coverholder is a company or partnership authorised to enter into a contract of insurance on behalf of a Lloyd’s syndicate in accordance with the terms of a binding authorityCoverholders are Lloyd’s trusted distribution partners around the world. The strength of the partnership lies in the combination of the local business knowledge and strong relationships of the coverholder and the underwriting expertise and financial security of the Lloyd’s market.
Lloyd’s approves and regulates coverholders to ensure they uphold Lloyd’s standards. All firms wishing to become an approved coverholder must complete the application process.
To become a coverholder in Israel there are a number of requirements firms need to meet including:
- Each applicant requires a sponsoring Lloyd’s broker and/or managing agent. The sponsor will perform their own due diligence of the application before it is submitted to Lloyd’s Delegated Authorities Team for review. You can find a directory of Lloyd’s Brokers online. It makes most sense to talk to a Lloyd’s Broker who deals with the type of business you do.
- Adhere to local regulations and be licensed by the Israeli regulator.
Open Market Correspondents (OMC)
An OMC is an insurance intermediary who introduces business to a Lloyd's broker for placement in the Lloyd's market on an open market basis.
Process for registering/approving a new OMC:
- Obtain the sponsorship of the Lloyd's broker
- Download the application form and Undertaking
- Sponsoring Lloyd's broker and applicant to complete the application form, sign and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Israel Lloyd's Representative may require further details and will contact the applicant (OMC) and/or the Lloyd's broker directly.
- Lloyd's Israel will notify the sponsoring Lloyd's broker and OMC once an application has been successful.
- The applicant should also adhere to local regulations and be licensed by the Israeli regulator.
- Lloyd's Israel will guide the applicant and submit a request for license to the local regulator on its behalf.
Open Market Correspondent directory
This directory includes information on all Open Market Correspondents