Lloyd's Singaporean policyholders - How to Make a Complaint
Find out how to make a complaint to Lloyd's and our procedure for handling complaints.
If you wish to make a complaint please check your policy for details of the person to contact. Alternatively contact your broker or if the complaint relates to a claim contact whoever has been handling your claim to inform them of your dissatisfaction.
For complaints written via the Lloyd's Asia Scheme, the following process applies:
What is a Complaint?
Any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, from, or on behalf of, a person about the provision of, or failure to provide, a financial service, which:
(1) alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience and
(2) relates to an activity of that respondent, or of any other respondent with whom that respondent has some connection in marketing or providing financial services or products, which comes under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) in the UK and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) in Singapore.
How Lloyd's Will Handle Your Complaint
Lloyd’s operates a two stage process in Singapore.
- The complaint will be considered by the underwriters of the policy who will issue a response, ideally, within 14 days.
- If you remain dissatisfied following the underwriters' response, or if you have not received a response within 14 days you are entitled to request that the complaint be escalated to stage 2.
- Lloyd’s obtains the documentation from the underwriters and undertakes a full review of the complaint.
- When the review is complete a Final Response will be issued detailing the outcome of these investigations.
- If you remain dissatisfied at this point you may refer the matter to one of the following EDRs: