Licences & global trading information
Find information on where Lloyd’s is licensed to underwrite business and access Lloyd's global trading tools.
Lloyd's is licensed to underwrite business in certain territories subject to the laws and regulations of those territories.
In some instances, Lloyd's is able to accept risks from countries where Lloyd's is not licensed and in accordance with the laws and regulations of those countries.
- Quick and easy access to Lloyd’s regulatory and taxation information
- Key information to support the writing of international business
- Multiple country and category tailored searches
- Regular updates on regulatory and fiscal requirements
- An interactive map that provides a high level summary
- Identify the legal location of an insured risk by class of business
- Establish which territory’s regulatory and fiscal requirements to consider
- Guidance on the legal position by different jurisdiction is available in Crystal
Lloyd's monitors insurance legislation worldwide so that market participants are fully informed of the regulatory requirements that need to be considered when trading in the UK and overseas: