Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) adds a layer of protection to the sign-in process. When accessing accounts or applications, users are required to provide additional identity verification using the Microsoft Authenticator app.
What this means
For the purpose of authenticating users, we will enable MFA for:
- All Lloyd's applications accessed by the Market
- All Lloyd's applications hosted by LIMOSS Single Sign On (SSO)
In addition to this, we will be updating our password policy for all of our applications.
Work on both MFA and password changes has already begun:
- On 15 November 2022, we enabled MFA for all Secure Share users. Users are now required to use the Microsoft Authenticator app as part of the process
- Market Data Collection (MDC) users will also now receive an MFA prompt for both services.
Activity coming up:
- Enable MFA for Market facing applications on 30 November 2022 (excluding MDC)
- Enable MFA for MDC and SharePoint Online services on 1 December 2022
- Update our password policy to require a minimum of 15 characters (instead of the current 12 characters) - this will prompt a password change when accessing Lloyd's applications on 18 January 2023.