Shaping the future of the Lloyd’s Underwriting Room
Take part in a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the future of the iconic Lloyd’s underwriting room and supporting spaces
Through our Future at Lloyd’s strategy, we are transforming into the most technologically advanced marketplace in the world. As our ways of working change, we have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the future design of the iconic underwriting room and shared spaces in the Lloyd’s building in London.
We know the ability to negotiate complex risks face-to-face between Lloyd’s expert underwriters and brokers is, and will continue to be, an important element of our global and growing market.
We want to understand different needs and preferences – and build an exciting, bold, and innovative future experience that combines face-to-face and virtual interactions to future proof the market.
This is the time to be bold and dream big. We are keen to get as many perspectives as possible to help inform our thinking – and are providing lots of opportunities to contribute so everyone can get involved.
Extensive consultation underway
In February 2021, we started an extensive consultation to gather insights and ideas from a diverse range of stakeholders about the future requirements for the shared spaces and services within the Lloyd’s building, as well as how these interact with different digital solutions, such as our Virtual Room.
To date we have:
- Conducted an initial crowdsourcing activity open to all stakeholders globally – hundreds have joined our online collaboration hub to participate in discussion forums and complete online surveys
- Held dozens of interviews with senior leaders across the market
- Hosted a series of targeted focus groups with different market participants to gather in-depth insights
- Engaged thought leaders from design, technology, and innovation to draw inspiration from the wider world of work
- Launched a fireside chat event series to share insights from thought leaders.
The consultation continues over the coming months – and there will be further opportunities to get involved. We will continue to keep you updated on progress and next steps.
Future of the Lloyd's Underwriting Room