In early September, Lloyd’s was proud to host the first in-person Worldwide Broker Forum in over three years, with 28 brokers from four continents attending.
Sep 5-9 2022
Lloyd’s Worldwide Broker Forum
A week-long intensive experience for brokers and coverholders from around the world.
One Lime Street, London, EC3M 7HA | Brokers / Coverholders
The first day of the forum included introductions to Lloyd’s and the Lloyd’s market and presentations from several senior figures in the Corporation and the market. The presentations were followed by a fireside chat with John Neal, CEO of Lloyd’s and Dawn Miller, Lloyd’s Commercial Director.
Day two was themed around the topic of ‘Resilience’, and delegates first watched a presentation on the future of claims by Ray Graham, Claims Technical Manager, Lloyd’s and Rosina Smith, Head of Product, McKenzie Intelligence Services (MIS); and then a talk on achieving cyber resilience by Neil Arklie, Head of Cyber, Lloyd’s and Paul Merrey, Partner, Strategy & Value Creation, KPMG.
The delegates also had the opportunity to shadow an underwriter at their box, giving them an opportunity to see live risks being discussed with brokers in real time, and get a closer view of the negotiations that go on within the Room.
After a tour of the Lloyd’s building, day two ended with a spectacular dinner in the Adam Room, hosted by Bruce Carnegie-Brown, Chairman of Lloyd’s.
Day three was all about innovation, and the focus moved to the Lloyd’s Lab where the delegates met several graduates of the Lloyd’s Lab programme, which is designed to promote innovative products and risk transfer solutions, and provide expert mentoring for young companies entering the insurance space.
Lloyd’s Lab graduates at the event included:
- Andrew Grinalds, Vice President of Insurance, Privateer Space
- James Robinson, Founder of Cactus
- Rhys Hodkinson, Chief Commercial Officer, Definitely
- Rebecca Fuller, Managing Director - Global Head of Fixed Asset Advisory Services Kroll Advisory Ltd and her team
- Ola Jacob, Broker Success Manager, FloodFlash Ltd.
At the end of the programme, the delegates were presented with their ‘graduation’ certificates at two ceremonies. Congratulations to all our attendees, who are listed below.
- Areti Avgoustaki, Political Violence Broker, Marsh Dubai
- Jino Azar, Team Leader - Treaty GCC, Nasco Re Dubai
- Reem Azzi, Senior Account Handler - PV and Terrorism Department, Lockton MENA Dubai
- Daniel Cardoso, Senior Professional, Schwarz Versicherungsvermittlung GmbH Germany
- Alena Eisbrenner, Corporate Insurance Expert / Account Manager, Conti - Continental AG Germany
- Marion Engels, Senior Insurance Manager Liability and Financial Lines, Freudenberg Germany
- Christian Freudner, Head of Casualty, Financial Lines and Group Accident Insurance, Deutsche Telekom Asseluranz Germany
- Birgit Graf, Manager Project Insurance, HOCHTIEF Insurance Broking Germany
- Jan Haaf, Head of engineering lines and project insurances, MVV Insurance Services GmbH Germany
- Mario Haddad, Reinsurance Broker, Nasco Re Dubai
- Louisa Heinen, Account Manager, Corporate Insurance Expert, Continental AG Germany
- Mr AP Kamaruddeen, Associate Director - Property & Engineering, Chedid Re Saudi Arabia
- Varun Mahadoo, Executive - International Business, Reinsurance Solutions (Mauritius) Ltd. Mauritius
- Andy Martens, Insurance Manager, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA Germany
- Larissa Martins, Senior Vice President, Property and Mining Practice Leader for Latin America, Carpenter Marsh FAC Brazil
- Matheus Meireles, Treaty Broker, Aon Reinsurance Solutions Brazil
- Andrea Michalczyk-Schröder, Head of Financial Services Group, Aon Deutschland Germany
- Thomas Pache, Head of Cyber Solutions, Aon Deutschland Germany
- Julie Philip, Vice President - Property Reinsurance, Marsh Dubai
- Denise Schidlowsky, Businesswoman for Insurances - International, Deutsche Telekom Asseluranz Germany
- Christina Schneider, Insurance Consultant, Drägerwerk AG Germany
- Christian Schork, Insurance Consultant, Schwarz Versicherungsvermittlung GmbH & Co. Germany
- Franziska Sylvester, Specialist for property, terrorism and marine cargo insurances, Deutsche Telekom Asseluranz Germany
- Shaista Valji, Business Head – Sports & Specialty Practice, Alliance Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd. India
- Wael Chahine, Associate Director, Chedid Re Lebanon
- Isabella Costa Ximenez, Reinsurance Superintendent, Lockton Re Brazil
- Melody Yap, Broker, Miller Insurance Services Singapore
- Catherine Zrour, Director - Property, engineering and political violence – Facultative Division, Chedid Re United Arab Emirates