An OMC is an insurance intermediary who introduces business to a Lloyd's broker for placement in the Lloyd's market on an open market basis.
Process for registering/approving a new OMC:
- Obtain the sponsorship of the Lloyd's broker
- Download the application form and Undertaking
- Sponsoring Lloyd's broker and applicant to complete the application form, sign and return to the General Representative
- Where necessary a General Representative may require further details and will contact the applicant (OMC) and/or the Lloyd's broker directly
- Lloyd's General Representative will notify the sponsoring Lloyd's broker and OMC once an application has been successful