Lloyd’s GDC Programmes offer a unique and immersive experience to help you better understand how the Lloyd’s market develops the essential, complex and critical insurance needed for an ever-changing world.
The Lloyd's Risk Academy runs twice yearly, once in Spring and once in Autumn and provides an intensive week-long experience. You will see how the market really works, learn about specific classes of business and products in which the market specialises and develop connections with this truly global marketplace.
- Gain a deep understanding of market dynamics, risk trends and emerging opportunities through interactive sessions from leading underwriters, brokers and technical experts.
- Understand how to sell Lloyd’s capabilities to your clients and stakeholders.
- Experience the market in action by joining an underwriter or Lloyd’s broker in the famous Underwriting Room and observing face-to-face negotiation and risk placement first hand.
- Grow your connections in this thriving marketplace through networking opportunities with market participants and fellow delegates from around the globe.
- Discover how Lloyd’s is at the centre of insurance innovation with insights and demos from the Lloyd’s Lab, insurtech start-ups and innovation market leaders.
- Insurance and reinsurance brokers with 5+ years’ experience.
- Delegates with good levels of spoken and written business English as there will be no translation support available.
There is no charge for attending the programme, however delegates and their employers are responsible for the cost of return travel to London and accommodation. We can provide preferential rates for selected hotels in the area.
- Register your interest via the Lloyd’s Country Manager for your location: lloyds.com/offices
- Ask questions about the programme by contacting the Global Development Centre team: GDC@lloyds.com
|Expertise in intangible risks||The Lloyd’s market has a leading reputation for innovation, from pioneering cyber insurance to products that support the sharing economy and the protection of intellectual property. While technology is transforming how businesses operate, it is also creating new risks that require new insurance solutions. With customer demands evolving quickly, we look at how Lloyd’s provides mobile, more flexible solutions for start-ups as well as large multinationals.|
|Seeking confidence in an uncertain world||International government and regulatory policy can change rapidly affecting global trade, and companies’ balance sheets, supply chains and employees. Lloyd’s has developed a range of insurance and crisis management products and services to help its customers navigate this unpredictable risk landscape. These include helping protect companies’ reputations, providing vital product recall expertise, activating kidnap and ransom solutions, as well as specialist products for political risks, trade credit, financial lines and political violence. The programme looks at how Lloyd’s provides protection to its customers to minimise the impact of these risks.|
|The future of energy insurance||The traditional energy market is well established but the sector is changing rapidly as the world transitions to a low carbon economy. This session looks at how insurance can help the energy sector negotiate this transition and asks how insurers can support the growing renewable market. As society and businesses become increasingly concerned with decarbonisation, what role can and should insurance play?|