About Lloyd's of London in the US
Lloyd’s of London has been a major force in the US insurance market for over a century. Throughout the long relationship, Lloyd’s has continuously provided American businesses with creative solutions for their risk management needs.
Underwriters at Lloyd’s have licenses in Illinois, Kentucky, and the US Virgin Islands and are approved surplus lines insurers in all US states and territories. Lloyd’s is also an accredited reinsurer in all 50 states.
Lloyd's in the United States
- 40% of Lloyd's global premiums are held by US customers.
- $47.7bn global gross premium written in 2018.
- $18.9bn gross premium from the the US in 2018.
- $102bn global claims paid in the last five years.
- Lloyd's is the largest surplus lines insurer in the US and the largest non-US domiciled reinsurer.
- All Lloyd's syndicates share market ratings of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, A+ (strong) from Standard & Poor's, and AA- (VERY strong) from Fitch Ratings.