Underwriters at Lloyd’s have licenses in Illinois, Kentucky, and the US Virgin Islands and are approved surplus lines insurers in all US states and territories. Lloyd’s is also an accredited reinsurer in all 50 states.
Lloyd's in the United States
- 40% of Lloyd's global premiums are held by US customers.
- $47.7bn global gross premium written in 2018.
- $18.9bn gross premium from the the US in 2018.
- $102bn global claims paid in the last five years.
- Lloyd's is the largest surplus lines insurer in the US and the largest non-US domiciled reinsurer.
- All Lloyd's syndicates share market ratings of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, A+ (strong) from Standard & Poor's, and AA- (VERY strong) from Fitch Ratings.
If you’re an existing Lloyd's policyholder or have a question about purchasing insurance from Lloyd's, please contact your local insurance agent or broker licensed to conduct business in the relevant state.
Visit our FAQ page to find out more.