Canopius is a global speciality (re)insurer with underwriting operations in Bermuda, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK and US, as well as on the Lloyd’s China platform. We are privately owned and are proud to offer an independent view of risk – our expert people ask the difficult questions so that our clients get exactly the solutions they need.
Syndicate 4444, managed by Canopius Managing Agents Limited, the ninth-largest managing agent
US: surplus lines insurance company, Canopius US Insurance, Inc.
Financial strength ratings
Syndicate 4444 shares the Lloyd’s ratings of A+ (strong), Standard & Poor’s; AA– (Very Strong), Fitch; A (Excellent), A.M. Best
Canopius US Insurance, Inc.: A– (Excellent), A.M. Best
Our Singapore team writes a broad portfolio of (re)insurance business across the Asia region on behalf of syndicate 4444.
Classes of business
Our Singapore team writes a broad portfolio of (re)insurance business across the Asia region on behalf of Syndicate 4444. Our portfolio includes:
- Property treaty reinsurance (Risk XL, Catastrophe XL and Pro-rata)
- Offshore Energy and Offshore Construction
- Personal Accident
- Casualty (direct, facultative and treaty reinsurance)
- Marine (direct, facultative and treaty reinsurance)
- Terrorism and Political Violence (direct, facultative reinsurance and via the Xin Consortium)
- Political Risk and Trade Credit
- Engineering (direct and facultative reinsurance)
Placing a risk with Lloyd's in Singapore
Lloyd's Asia Service Companies are able to trade with any broker and there is no requirement to use a Lloyd's broker.
If you are a broker and wish to place business with Lloyd's Asia Service Companies please view the class of business matrix here.