About Lloyd's of London in the US
As an internationally acknowledged market of insurers, Lloyd’s of London has been a major force in the US insurance market for over a century. Throughout the long relationship, Lloyd’s underwriters have continuously provided American businesses with creative solutions for their risk management needs.
Underwriters at Lloyd’s are in the process of relinquishing their licenses in Illinois, Kentucky, and the US Virgin Islands in order to focus on their surplus lines business. Underwriters writing US surplus lines business are approved surplus lines insurers in all US states and territories. Lloyd’s is also a trusteed reinsurer in all 50 states.
Lloyd's in the United States
- 40% of Lloyd's global premiums are held by US customers.
- $47.7bn global gross premium written in 2018.
- $18.9bn gross premium from the the US in 2018.
- $102bn global claims paid in the last five years.
- Lloyd's is the largest surplus lines insurer in the US and the largest non-US domiciled reinsurer.
- All Lloyd's syndicates share market ratings of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, A+ (strong) from Standard & Poor's, and AA- (VERY strong) from Fitch Ratings.
If you’re an existing Lloyd's policyholder or have a question about purchasing insurance from Lloyd's, please contact your local insurance agent or broker licensed to conduct business in the relevant state.
Find a broker, coverholder or insurer