With over 260 Lloyd's Agents and approximately the same number of Sub Agents - in every major port and commercial centre in the world
The Lloyd’s Agency Network covers more than 170 countries and territories and forms the world’s most extensive marine surveying network. Full details can be found in the online Lloyd’s Agency Directory.
Definition of the role of a Lloyd's Agent
A Lloyd's Agent is appointed by the Lloyd's Agency Department to supply local shipping information and casualty intelligence and to provide surveying and, in most instances, claim adjusting services to the global insurance industry and its customers. Lloyd's Agents are appointed for their professionalism and expertise.
Our aim – for Lloyd’s Agents to be the best marine service providers in their regions
- All Lloyd’s Agents can carry out or arrange pre- and post-loss marine cargo surveys.
- Many Agents are skilled hull and machinery surveyors.
- Many Agents adjust and settle claims and conduct recovery action on behalf of their principals.
- Many Agents undertake a range of non-marine surveying and claims activities
Lloyd’s Agency Department, London - on hand to help you
- Administers and manages the network
- Provides training and technical support to the network
- Has a team of experienced and qualified professionals
- Is dedicated to ensuring that the network’s customers receive a high quality service.