Clients can discuss their risk needs with a broker, a coverholder or a service company. Specialist underwriters for each syndicate price, underwrite and handle any subsequent claims in relation to the risk. If you’re interested in obtaining insurance cover at Lloyd's you first need to contact a broker: 

Find a Lloyd's registered broker


Lloyd's is licensed to do business in over 200 countries and territories. To see if Lloyd's is licensed to do business in your country, visit our interactive map.

The US

Insurance enquiries from US residents should be directed to an insurance agent or broker who is licensed to conduct business in the relevant state. The broker or insurance intermediary will advise you further on securing your insurance policy in keeping with local insurance legislation.

Further details.

To obtain information specific to your country or territory, go to:

Insurance Intermediaries

Lloyd's underwriters do not generally deal directly with policyholders.

Read about the intermediaries through which business is normally accepted

How Claims Are Made

How does a policyholder make a claim, and how is it processed?

Find out what happens when a policyholder contacts their broker