Claims Graduate Programme
On this more specific programme you will experience two placements and three job shadowing experiences to help understand the claims area of insurance from the following perspectives:
- Lloyd’s Corporation Claims team – This team work in partnership with the market to produce best practice guidelines, help deliver a process for agreeing claims and make sure that everything adheres to the relevant regulations.
- A lawyer – Many lawyers offer managing agents a wide array of support in claims handling, which can vary from training on specific points of law to full outsourced claims management. Job shadowing at law firms provide a mixture of opportunities for you to discover how the legal aspects of claims are involved in the overall process, and how layers support claims handling more generally.
- Loss Adjusters – Are independent claims specialists who investigate complex or contentious claims on behalf of insurance companies and help policyholders restore their property to full working order. Job shadowing at a loss adjusting firm provides an opportunity to spend time with the adjusters themselves investigating at the scene of an incident to establish the causes of the loss and whether it is covered by the insurance policy.
- Broking house within the claims team – Your placement in a broking house will help you understand policyholder and broker expectations - how they choose managing agents, and how claims are introduced to the market.
- Managing agent within the claims team – In this placement you will be given a valuable perspective of how the Lloyd’s managing agents operate on a day-to-day basis and meet the contract promises when a claim is made.
This programme is designed to prepare you for a career as a claims adjuster in the market; these are the skilled professionals who manage claims from their initial investigation through to conclusion by consulting with experts, negotiating and exercising strategic decision making.