Senior recruitment manager David Banner offers his five top tips when applying:
1. Make sure your example relates to the competency heading and covers the key indicators provided for that competency.
2. We want to read detailed examples so state what you did, how you did it and how this contributed to a successful result or outcome.
3. Make sure to use ‘I’ rather than ‘we’. We want to hear about what you did so if you are talking about a team effort, focus on your own contribution and role within that team.
4. We don’t like to see waffle, so stick to the word count by being concise but impactful.
5. Sounds simple, but remember to do a spell and grammar check and make sure that the font you use is easy to read.
More hints and tips